We’re excited to announce a new savings and incentive estimator tool for single-family Performance Path homes!
This new tool, available within AXIS, may be used to estimate savings, percent improvement over code, and builder incentive for homes seeking qualification in a utility’s Performance Path program. Data entry is minimal and a REM/RateTM file export/upload is not required. Raters/Verifiers with an active AXIS account may use this tool to review different home configurations and generate estimation reports to support design consulting with builders.
When using the estimator tool:
- Log in using an active AXIS account
- REM/Rate Performance Path User-Defined Reference Homes (UDRHs) must be used for determining code-level baseline values. Either version 15.3 or 15.7.1 may be used until the REM/Rate version transition period ends (September 30, 2019).
- REM/Rate files do not need to be exported/uploaded to AXIS. The tool will ask for the heating, cooling, and total kWh and consumption values for the UDRH and as-built home, as shown on the REM/Rate Fuel Summary Report.
- Estimated savings and percent improvement over code will be calculated for any home entered in the tool.
- Builder incentive estimates and utility-specific minimum qualification messaging are only available when selecting a utility that has its Performance Pth-based program details configured in AXIS.
This tool provides estimated results. It does not guarantee utility program qualification nor incentive.
To qualify for utility incentives, utility-specific program details must first be configured in AXIS. Raters/Verifiers must then create a full AXIS home record with: (1) the Utility Incentive V2—Single Family Performance Path program added, (2) REM/Rate file exported/uploaded, (3) checklist questions answered, and then finally (4) the home submitted for quality assurance review. Contact your utility or BetterBuiltNW with any questions.