This year, BetterBuiltNW has supported and delivered a total of ten trainings in traditionally hard-to-reach markets across the NW region. The program built on 2018 successes, strengthened existing relationships, and cultivated new partners to deliver trainings that focused on:
- Key energy efficiency approaches and opportunities for gas and electric homes
- Customized technical information and regionally specific program resources
- Accelerating building-industry awareness of utility program offerings
Participant feedback was overwhelmingly positive:
- 94% will apply training information toward improving the energy efficiency of the homes they're building
- 92% of non-utility program builders said they were very/somewhat likely to participate in a utility program moving forward
- 100% said they would recommend the training to other professionals
As a local example, energy rater and consultant Megan Kramer had this to say after three trainings were delivered in partnership with Built Green Central Washington in late October:
"The trainings resulted in very engaged conversations and potential for new business. I have already received two new sets of plans to review from a builder and a designer! The group discussed energy-efficient building techniques, products, and materials along with local code enforcement."
BetterBuiltNW is excited to continue developing and delivering training in 2020 and encourages you to keep your eyes on your inbox for future trainings being delivered online and in a location near you!