10 August, 2023
Online Training: 2021 WSEC-R: Market Trends, Builder Choices, and Resources
Access this and other free on-demand courses on the BetterBuiltNW online training portal by logging into your existing account or creating a new account below:
To view this training directly, use this link.
Originally offered as a live webinar, you can now join BetterBuiltNW, the NW EcoBuilding Guild, & Earth Advantage for the on-demand course, 2021 WSEC-R: Market Trends, Builder Choices, and Resources.
The learning objectives are as follows:
- Review and understand the timeline for the implementation of the 2021 WA State Energy Code as well as the code's basic architecture/structure.
- Review and understand fuel choices and fuel normalization.
- Review and understand the changes from the current code (2018) to the new proposed code (2021).
- Review and discuss common pathways, including multiple code studies and results. Gain insights into the previous & current code, and projections regarding the 2021 WSEC and what builders' likely approaches will be.
- Review and understand the details of energy credit choices, including all seven categories.
- Review and understand how the new code pertains to additions and remodels.
- Learn where to locate useful resources in interpreting the 2021 WSEC to utilize in your upcoming projects.
Join Greg Lasher, the Residential Energy Efficiency Field Specialist for TRC, as he walks through a comparison of the current code to the new proposed 2021 WSEC, provides resources to understand the new code requirements, and reviews example scenarios to achieve specific energy credit requirements.
A condensed video version of this training is available (offered without continuing education credits).
To learn more about the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild, visit their website.
Online course available on-demand
• This 1-hour, self-paced online training format consists of a series of 5-10 minute videos divided into sections. Users can start or stop their viewing at their own pace and easily resume the course at another time.
- AIA LU/HSW: 1 CE
- OR CCB: 1 CE
- ICC: 0.10 CE
No cost. This training was made possible thanks to the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild, BetterBuiltNW, and Earth Advantage.
Building industry professionals (builders, raters/verifiers, architects, subcontractors, utility representatives, and code officials)
INSTRUCTOR: Greg Lasher
Greg Lasher provides energy design assistance, program management, and technical building science guidance to builders, raters, and weatherization professionals. Prior to working for TRC, Greg worked directly for contractors; performing energy audits and ratings, weatherization repairs, HVAC design assistance, and consulting and analysis for private clients.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org